World first: Palletiser/depalletiser Layer Master
- The module automation concept with the robot, vacuum multifunctional gripper and material flow device is a highly efficient and product flexible solution.
Palletiser/depalletiser Layer Master, an automation solution for depalletising and palletising unmixed layers.
Demands within the field of modern intralogistics are growing enormously. The following developments have played a significant role: increasingly large distribution centres, steadily increasing speed in stock turnover, wider and varying product assortments, etc.
In order to ensure competitiveness, the need for cost-reducing automation solutions is growing.
The challenge in developing an integrated automation solution in intralogistics lies in the wide range of different products, containers and packaging. With help from the vacuum specialist J. Schmalz GmbH, the company FPT Robotik developed a modular palletiser/depalletiser that can be used for many applications with regard to product and container type.
Basic components of the palletiser/depalletiser “Layer Master” are either an industry or a portal robot, a universal multifunctional vacuum gripper system, the peripheral flow of materials in the form of conveyer lines for product feed or removal and also the control technology and software.
- The solution for demanding palletising and depalletising tasks!
Schmalz and FPT offer an efficient solution for the handling (palletising and depalletising) of unmixed layers from and onto pallets.
The “Layer Master” thereby targets the widest possible range of products at a speed previously considered impossible and with the highest process safety!
- The optimum grip
The 3 principles of operation ensure that almost all imaginable layers of product, intermediate layers and pallets are securely picked up!
- Maximum flexibility due to the wide range of products handled
- No gripper replacement and no set-up times for order changes
- The robot system is adjusted according to customer-specific requirements
- The gripping process (vacuum) cannot be topped by any other principle
- High speed due to extremely short cycle times
- Careful handling of products, fewer damages
- Higher economic efficiency through flexibility, speed and availability
- Rationalization and cost reduction throughout the entire process
Vacuum gripping system SPZ-M-C
- Universal gripper solution for warehouse logistics and distribution
There is no existing superior gripper for the automation of palletising and depalletising tasks
The combination of the three gripper principles of the universal gripper enables automated handling of virtually all layers of products, intermediate layers and pallets!
The gripper principles:
- Vacuum suction surface
- Global vacuum chamber
- Auxiliary mechanical gripper
- Product range
All products (unmixed layers) can be handled carefully without changing the gripper.
- Cardboard boxes, combipacks, bottles, cans, glasses, foils, sacks
- Shrunk and unshrunk goods (primary and secondary packaging)
- Packaged goods in trays (closed and trays open at the top)
- Cooled and frozen goods
Of particular interest...
- Layering pattern with “chimneys” (gaps in the layering pattern)
- Products with removable or hinged lids
- Trays with stacking clips
- Inhomogeneous products such as soft plastic bottles
- The solution for your demanding palletising and depalletising tasks is: the “Layer Master”!
Dimensions: approx. 1600 mm x 1400 mm x 1000 mm
Gripper weight: approx. 270 kg
Rated supply power: approx. 15 kW
Actual position detection and gripping force detection
Pick&place time: depending on products – up to 300 layers per hour
Layer weight up to approx. 300 kg max.
Temperature application range: standard between +5 °C up to +40 °C, optionally up to -30 °C
- Standard pallet dimensions:
- Euro pallet (1200 x 800 mm)
- Industry pallet (1000 x 1200 mm)
- Special sizes (half pallets, etc.) upon request
- Product height: standard 50–500 mm
- Automatic measurement of the pallet: yes
- Automatic measurement of the layer: yes
- Centring of the layer: optional
Questions regarding usage:
J. Schmalz GmbH
Aacher Strasse 29
Tel.: +49 (0)7443 2403-105
Fax: +49 (0)7443 2403-9105